Rental Information » Free with all hires
FREE WITH ALL CAMPERVAN HIRES
Information, Support and Advice for Campervan hire Australia with Spaceships
Adding to the features and the advantage of hiring a Spaceship over ordinary campervans we thought we'd add something really unique and truly helpful - our Total Support Package - as we believe that with a little bit of guidance and support you can get so much more of your adventure in our favourite country.
No hidden costs
At Spaceships we have a no hidden costs policy - so when you travel in a one of our campervan rentals you won’t get any nasty surprises!
Cost saving features
When you are looking into costs please consider the following:
Vehicle Related Savings
Spaceships drive and handle well on the extensive Australian roads and just the fact that you are driving a car has its own cost savings relative to big bulky campervans and motorhomes:
- Lower fuel costs because of good economy
- Spend less time and money at camping grounds as Spaceships’ second battery self-charges as you drive
- You get a easy to use vehicle to explore Australia in so you can just relax and enjoy yourselves!
- Access to the Spaceships Stations for FREE DVD exchange and local support and guidance
- It is easy to drive, park and maneuver when you are in built-up areas and busy cities; you can get into underground car parks saving you parking money and time.
- We don’t take the insurance excess from your account; it is only a swipe of your credit or master card
- You can seat four people in a Spaceship, which means a reduced day rate for everyone
- You can exchange DVDs with other people driving Spaceships so more choice and the chance to meet people!
- You can now sleep four people in a Spaceship with a roofpod at a fraction of the cost of an ordinary Australian camper van or motorhome.
- Load of discounts on great things to do in Australia
- Regular 'Special Deals' on Spaceship rentals
- Free entertainment with inbuilt DVD movie system
Spaceships are regularly maintained and serviced however it’s important to know that if anything ever did go wrong (i.e. you leave lights on and battery goes flight) you have access to 24 hour roadside assistance. It’s very easy, simply call 13 11 22 and help will be on its way to you. This service is provided by NRMA (National Roads and Motorists’ Association), which has representatives all over the ACT and NSW so help will never be too far away.
Free Standard Insurance
Standard insurance is included with the vehicle hire – this covers the hirer for any accident with a third party. Third party insurance is compulsory in Australia so any other vehicle involved in an accident will also have this cover. Depending on the circumstances of any accident you may be entitled to claim for personal injury against the third party insurance of the party responsible for the accident.
The hirer is responsible for the amount up to the bond (AUD$2000, or AUD$2500 for drivers under twenty five years old) for the damage to a third party property, or to the rented Vehicle. The hirer is also responsible for the cost of stand down time for the period the vehicle is unavailable while being repaired. The liability applies in respect of each claim, not per rental. The insurance excludes damage to the roof and under-body of the vehicle, and damage to the tyres and glass.
Reducing your Excess
The excess can be reduced by paying extra per day; this is outlined under 'Bond Waiver Option' and within our terms and conditions.
Personal Travel Insurance
The cover and ability to claim on third party insurance varies depending on where you are in Australia, so we strongly recommend that you take out your own Personal Injury Travel Insurance.