Campervan Hire Melbourne
Melbourne is a great starting point for your Australian road trip. The city has so much to offer, ranging from good food and great coffee to loads of international events. Spaceships campervan hire Melbourne is easy to reach in case you have enough of the city life.
Pick up your campervan and drive off to explore the rest of Australia. Our vehicles are easy to drive, especially for overseas visitors. They drive just like a regular car.
Spaceships campervan hire Melbourne depot address
42 Macaulay Street
Fax. +61 2 8356 9372
Opening hours of Spaceships campervan hire Melbourne depot
- Monday – Friday: 9am - 3pm
- Saturday: 9am - 12pm
- Sunday: closed
Getting to Spaceships campervan hire Melbourne depot
From the Airport
Getting to the Spaceships campervan hire Melbourne depot from Melbourne Airport is easy. There are two options for getting there.
- Option 1: Take a taxi to our depot. The ride will take approximately 30 minutes
- Option 2: Or catch the Skybus or Starbus Airport Shuttle to the city. From Flinders Station, catch the Werribee line to Newport Station. Walk to the bus platform which is situated between Market and Mason Streets. From here, take the 432 bus towards Yarraville and get off at Revo Street/Jubilee Street. Walk along Jubilee Street. Turn left at Maddox Street and right at Macaulay Street.
- Option 3: Or catch the Skybus or Starbus Airport Shuttle to the city. From Flinders Station, catch the Williamstown line to North Williamstown Station. From here, take the 415 bus on Ferguson Street towards Laverton. Get off at stop 217 on Kororoit Creek Road. Walk along Kororoit Creek Road. Turn left at Bentley Street and right at Macaulay Street.
From the City
When travelling from the city to the Spaceships campervan hire Melbourne depot there are three easy options to get there.
- Option 1 (Taxi): A taxi ride from the city will take approximately 20 minutes. Local taxi numbers: 13 22 27
- Option 2 (Train & Bus): From Flinders Station, catch the Werribee line to Newport Station. Walk to the bus platform which is situated between Market and Mason Streets. From here, take the 432 bus towards Yarraville and get off at Revo Street/Jubilee Street. Walk along Jubilee Street. Turn left at Maddox Street and right at Macaulay Street.
- Option 3 (Train & Bus): From Flinders Station, catch the Williamstown line to North Williamstown Station. From here, take the 415 bus on Ferguson Street towards Laverton. Get off at stop 217 on Kororoit Creek Road. Walk along Kororoit Creek Road. Turn left at Bentley Street and right at Macaulay Street.
Useful info for your road trip from Melbourne
- Closest car wash bay: Grime Stoppers Car wash – 304 Kororoit Rd, Williamstown
- Closest fuel station: 7-Eleven - Corner of Kororoit Creek Rd & Miller’s Rd, Altona
Recommended paid campgrounds
- Melbourne Big 4 Caravan and Holiday Park, 265 Elizabeth Street Coburg (03) 9354 3533
- Ashley Gardens Holiday Village, 129 Ashley Street, Braybrook Victoria 3019 1800 061 444
- Hotel Discovery, 167 Franklin Street Melbourne VIC 3000 (03) 9329 7525
- Coffee Palace Backpackers, 24 Grey Street Melbourne VIC 3184 (03)9534 5283
- Base St Kilda, 17 Carlisle Street St Kilda VIC 3000 (03)8598 6200
Enjoy life in Melbourne
Melbourne is a city where people love to enjoy life. There is an obsession with coffee, food, live music and sport. To find all these things, there is only one way to do it, and that is to explore! Bars, restaurants and live music are hidden down graffiti covered laneways. Through doors with no signs and deep into the underground. Jump on a tram and speak to a local. They will all have their favourite spot and usually only too happy to point you in the right direction.
What's your favourite event?
The city is filled with parks and gardens and amazing architecture. In the summer time the city becomes alive with music festivals and huge sporting events such as the Australian Open (Tennis), Australian Grand Prix F1 and cricket played at the impressive MCG all just a short stroll from the city centre.
St Kilda is a funky seaside suburb not far from the CBD. It is famous for its palm-lined boardwalk, brilliant sunsets and a plethora of great restaurants, bars and cafes as well as plenty of live music venues. To make the most of Melbourne lose that guide book and start exploring and talking to locals and other travellers. There is so much to find!
Great Ocean Road: an impressive drive
Once you have had your fill of all Melbourne has to offer – jump in your Spaceship and head along the Great Ocean Road and check out one of the World’s most beautiful drives. The road is 243 kilometres long, but it's an easy yet beautiful drive with your Spaceships campervan as it drives like a regular, luxury car. Sit back and enjoy the ride.
Or head east past Brighton’s brightly coloured bathing boxes and head out towards the amazing Phillip Island and spectacular Wilson’s Promontory!
Melbourne is a great city to start your Australian adventure. Enjoy city life first, then go for a Spaceships campervan hire and start your road trip.