Tips to keep OZ Beautiful
Looking after Australia whilst on the road
Australia is one of the most popular tourism destinations in the world, with millions of new visitors to the country each year. It is important to Spaceships that we help minimise the impact of Spaceships and Space travellers as much as possible so that future visitors will also be able to enjoy all that Australia has to offer.
Here are some guidelines to follow while travelling in Australia.
- Plan ahead and prepare
- Be mindful of water usage
- Dispose of waste properly
- Use your Spaceships burners responsibly and away from dry bush areas
- Respect wildlife
- Be considerate of other visitors and your hosts
- Travel and camp on durable surfaces
- When camping leave no trace that you’ve been there
- Keep streams and lakes clean – when cleaning and washing take the water away and wash well away from the water source.
- Respect our cultural heritage. Many places you visit may have cultural and historical significance, please treat these places with consideration and respect.
Oz top toilets
Spaceships give you freedom to travel around down-under (mind the pun), and see and stay by some of the world’s most amazing scenery; in keeping with our responsibility for sustainable tourism and environmental code we encourage all Space travellers to be responsible when travelling in their Spaceship. Please use camp-ground facilities or public facilities when camping to minimise your impact on the environment and leave Australia clean and green for others to enjoy in the future!
Please email tips to firstname.lastname@example.org on the best (cleanest, newest location, nicest) public restrooms or toilets that you found in Oz so we can add them to our list for others to enjoy as well!
For more maps and information about your nearest dunnie please check out Australia’s National Public Toilet Map