Advantages with a Spaceship
Adding to the award-winning and custom designed features of a Spaceship vs an ordinary car or campervan we thought we'd add something really unique and genuinely helpful - our Total Support Package - as we believe that with a little bit of guidance and support you can get so much more of your adventure in our favourite country.
No hidden costs
At Spaceships we have a no hidden costs policy - so when you travel in a one of our Spaceships you won’t get any nasty surprises.
The below are all included with your hire.
- No one-way fees
- Unlimited kilometres
- Standard insurance
- No extra driver fees
- Ipod/mp3 plugins
- 24-hour roadside assistance
- No road users or campervan diesel charges
- All your bedding, cutlery and crockery are included
- GST (Australia’s Goods and Services Tax @ 10%)
FREE Airport Transfers
Book for 21 days or more and we will pay for your transfer from the airport to our depots in Sydney, Cairns and Brisbane. (Direct bookings only - must be organised at time of booking)
FREE After hours pick up and drop off
Now you can pick up and drop off whenever it suits you best. This free service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in Sydney, Brisbane and Cairns. You can select your preferred time on the quote when booking online or call us to discuss.
All Inclusive Insurance Cover
This comprehensive package provides full cover for your Spaceship and reduces the bond/excess to $0 so you can relax and travel with complete peace of mind. Read more about out bond reduction options.
Cost saving features
A Spaceship is your wheels, accommodation, fridge, cooker, and iPod player all in one!
Why hire a rental car when you can upgrade to a Spaceship and save? It may cost you more upfront, but you will save in the long run.
Why spend more on a standard campervan or motorhome when you can increase performance, fuel economy, convenience and driving experience with a spaceship. Plus you also save!
Spaceships are the Swiss army knife of campers and ideally suited to Australian roads. Check out the below cost saving features.
- Good fuel economy – just like a normal car
- Cheaper ferry crossings because of the compact size
- We do not deduct the insurance bond from your account
- A dual battery that self-charges as you drive so you do not need to pay extra for a powered campsite each night to charge and run appliances
- No one-way fees, meaning you can pick-up and drop-off in at any of our 4 depots
- You can park in underground parks or big cities and towns just like you would in a car. Some towns do not allow motorhomes to enter so you have to find another way to get from the campground into town.
- Seating for 3-4 people to help share the daily rate
- Year-round discounts on activities
- Regular 'Special Deals' on Spaceship rentals
Space Mates are local contact points around Australia for advice, discounts. This is a unique service to Spaceships' Travellers.
Australia is full of hidden gems – there are some great spots or things to do that only local’s know about. This is why we have created a network of Space Mates - to share all this great information with you.
Along with the Space Mates, there is a cool on-road community between Space Travellers where you can swap tips and travel stories. This is a good chance to say hi and find out what they have been up to. A bit of advice from other travellers can be very useful!
24-hour roadside service
Spaceships are regularly maintained and serviced however it’s important to know that if anything ever did go wrong (i.e. you leave lights on, and the battery goes flight) you have access to 24-hour roadside assistance. It’s very easy simply call 13 11 22 and help will be on its way to you. This service is provided by NRMA (National Roads and Motorists’ Association) which has representatives all over the ACT and NSW so help will never be too far away.