Alpha (most affordable) - Budget campervan hire in Australia
The Alpha is a great value compact camper with important features like a dual battery system to keep the 15-litre fridge cold for 24+ hours on a single charge and an optional extendable double bed to keep you cooler at night and provide 30% more space. In a hot climate, these features will make your trip more comfortable.
Like a good car to drive with more useful features than a campervan! Enjoy the unique sleeping options of a large double bed, which can be used fully inside the vehicle or extended out the back into an awning for 30% more space and ventilation on those hot summer nights.
Spaceships campervan hire Australia offer a unique vehicle that is ideally suited to the Australian climate and great to drive on those big open roads.
1. Sleeping Option #1
Internal sleeping option
Only Spaceships campervan rentals Australia have two sleeping options allowing you to sleep inside with the back door closed or sleep outside by extending the bed into the rear awning for 30% more space and ventilation. To set up: Simply turn the rear seat around to face the back door, set up the internal bed legs (provided for free) then sit the bed extension and mattress on top. This takes under 10 seconds and is a great option for the winter months.
2. Sleeping Option #2
Extend the bed for 30% more space and ventilation
This is a great sleeping option and is unique to Spaceships. It is better suited to the summer months. All you have to do is extend the bed out the back by using the same bed extension as the internal option then fit the rear awning. This takes 30 seconds and provides a fully enclosed waterproof sleeping option providing 30% more space and ventilation. A large insect screened window is included which can be zipped up or left down for increased ventilation.
3. Two portable cookers
A customised cooker stand is provided that sets up in seconds. This provides an external platform to cook from. Alternatively you can set your portable cooker up on picnic tables in campgrounds. A complete cooking kit is provided along with utensils and a 20 litre water container.
Calculate Pricing Now
4. Special dual battery system
All Spaceships are set up with two batteries forming a dual battery system. One battery starts the engine and the second battery powers the accessories. This allows you to operate the fridge/freezer and listen to music while the engine is not running - this will run the auxiliary battery down but the Spaceship will always start on the other battery, and then self-charge as you drive.
This means you save money as you do not have to pay for powered sites each night like you would in an ordinary campervan or motorhome to charge your vehicle.
5. Seat-belted seating for 3-4
- Room for two adults in the front and the back
- Front two people are seated in the rear seats
- Back two people are lying on the bed but would be seated in the front two seats when driving
There is seat-belted seating for four people. The back seat has a tilt adjustment to recline the seat to watch a movie or have a snooze whilst on the road. It is also on a runner in the floor so it can be adjusted depending on the leg-room required.
Calculate Pricing Now
6. CD player, AM/FM radio and iPod cord
- 4 speaker surround sound speaker system
Your Spaceship comes fitted with a quality CD/MP3 player. There is a surround sound system with 4 speakers plus an ipod/Mp3 cord fitted so you can cruise and listen to your favourite music.
7. Large secure storage area
- Space for two soft backpacks
- Easy access with rear awning up via a new awning design
- Separate internal storage accessible from the side doors
- Space for cooking gear, dry foods and daypacks
The main storage is accessed from the back and can securely store two large soft backpacks. We have improved the rear awning by including a large zip down area so you can access the rear storage compartment with the awning still on. The internal storage area is where the cookers, cutlery and cooking equipment are stored and offers space for dry food storage. Once again you do not have to re arrange the interior for day and night time use.
Calculate Pricing Now
8. Quality fridge/freezer
- Highly reliable fridge/freezer. These units have excellent insulation and will perform very well for you.
- Enough room for 24 beers or a mixture of water, wine, beer and food (all the essentials)
This is a proper fridge/freezer not a chiller box or esky. This will work like your fridge at home and really keep things cold.
9. Unique 2 in 1 swivel seat design
Internal seating, and sleeping
The middle seat in a Spaceship performs two unique functions:
1. Driving mode: The seat can face forward in the driving position and seat one person with a shoulder belt. This enables a child seat or booster seat to be fitted if required. We cannot cater for babies under the age of one.
2. Sleeping mode: You can swivel the seat to face the back door and extend the bed internally for sleeping with the back door shut (bed legs are included for free, and they only take about 10 seconds to set up).
10. Automatic transmission (easy to drive)
compact vehicle size for easy parking
The Alpha Spaceship is like a good car to drive. They are well suited to Australian roads, hills and cities. Features include two cup holders, single slide door, electric windows, mirrors and power steering. In keeping with all Spaceships they are fun, safe and easy to drive.
Budget campervan hire in Australia
The Alpha campervan is Spaceships' most affordable campervan. It's the original, award-winning customised campervan. Easy to drive, like a regular car yet packed with neat features. It's the perfect campervan for travellers looking to see Australia on a budget.
Calculate pricing now