How to change a tyre
A flat tyre can always happen. In your home country with your own car, but also here in Australia while on your Spaceships road trip. Your Spaceship is equipped with a spare tyre. To change a tyre is just as easy as on any regular car. If you have never changed a tyre before or you need a refresher course, the tips and videos on this page will help you out.
As a flat tyre is a non-mechanical fault the call-out costs of using the 24-hours roadside service by NRMA (National Roads and Motorists’ Association), will be your cost regardless of the insurance option you have selected. See for more info our Terms & Conditions.
Safety tips before you change the tyre
- No one should be in your Spaceship when replacing a tyre.
- Make sure that you and your fellow traveller(s) are out of the way of traffic.
- Apply the hand/footbrake and put the vehicle in 'park'.
- Loosen the wheel nuts first, but don't remove them! Tip: lefty loosey, righty tighty.
- Then place the jack underneath the vehicle, at the jacking point. See the videos below for further instructions.
Video instructions: changing a tyre
To show you how to change a tyre of your Spaceships, we've collected these instructional videos. These are especially useful if you have never changed a tyre before.
How to change a tyre (general tips)
If you do have any questions call us on our freephone number 1300 132 469 (no costs to call us while you are in Australia).